Tuesday, September 7, 2010

How I cure my back with yoga

back pain, yoga practice, yoga, I’m a student and as many other students I spend tons of time stuck behind the desk, leaning over some book. Apparently, it’s a common problem among students and other people who lack physical activity to suffer from spinal curvature. There are several ways to solve this problem:

 

 

- to have your back massaged

- to swim

- to do yoga

I chose the latter. I didn’t have a chance to enroll for a course of yoga and, since I’m a newbie in yoga, I bought 2 DVD disks (Yoga for Beginners) online. You can go to ebay or Amazon, there’s a wide choice of such DVDs. In fact, I found doing yoga at home much more convenient. These DVDs give pretty good explanations for each exercise. All you need to do is simply repeat after the yoga instructor on your screen. You can stop the video or rewind it anytime you want.

Since yoga is about stretching, I pay more attention to those particular exercises that are focused on back stretching. On average I do each exercise about 10-15 times. How many times per week should you practice yoga? Personally, I do yoga each day or every other day. The most important rule is to exercise systematically. Don’t expect to get quick results doing yoga only 2 or 3 times per month.

Now, does it work? Yes, it totally does. It’s been a month since I started my yoga practice and the results are already noticeable: there’s less back pain and less tiredness in my back. Of course, I’m looking forward to seeing better results in a couple of months.

No comments: